Call us at: 314-205-6654
Addiction is Real: Talking to Your Kids About Substance Abuse
St. Luke's Hospital Institute for Health Education Auditorium, 2nd Floor, North Medical Building, 232 S. Woods Mill Road, Chesterfield, MO 63017
Thursday, August 4
5:45 – 8:15 p.m.
St. Luke’s is partnering with Addiction is Real to educate and empower parents to have effective and ongoing conversations with their children about substance abuse. This free program will include:
- Don’t Wait film viewing: It’s no secret that teens face pressures of drugs and alcohol, but it may surprise you how young kids can be when they decide to experiment with dangerous substances. This film from Addiction is Real explores this and more to encourage parents to talk with their children early and often.
- Live panel discussion: Experts from Addiction is Real and others will discuss topics from the film and Q&A.
- Hidden in Plain View interactive bedroom: Walk through and explore a child’s bedroom to see if you can see signs of risky behavior. You will learn how to recognize these warning signs and get prevention tips.
St. Luke’s Hospital: Institute for Health Education Auditorium
2nd floor, North Medical Building
232 S. Woods Mill Road
Chesterfield, MO 63017
- Hidden in Plain View bedroom exhibit: 5:45-8:15 p.m.
- Don’t Wait film: 6:30-7:15 p.m.
- Expert panel discussion: 7:15-7:45 p.m.